Canopy Tour Experience – Tsitsikamma
Special Rates: Adult: R660pp (usually R695)
Child (under 18yrs): R660pp (usually R695)
Adult and Child Combo: R990pp (usually R1043)
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Stormsriver Village, Tsitsikamma
Experience a World of Diversity in One Forest – Just a short drive from Knysna and 2 hours from Port-Elizabeth. Situated in the Garden of the Garden Route and heart of Tsitsikamma – Stormsriver Village.
Tsitsikamma Canopy Tour is an Award-Winning Canopy Tour company that turns Tourism activities into Tourism experiences! Enjoy being suspended 30m above the forest floor on the Tsitsikamma Canopy Tour, cable sliding from ten platforms, tree to tree while discovering the spectacular and unique wilderness of the Tsitsikamma Indigenous forest. Surrounded by birdlife and giant trees like the Outeniqua Yellowwood, known to us as Uncle Sam who is over 600 years old! One can easily feel like a dwarf standing against it.
The tour begins with a detailed safety briefing followed by a ‘kitting up’ session where full-body harness, pulleys, and climbing equipment is issued and checked. A short drive into the Tsitsikamma forest and it is time to monkey around!
From the start on the launch platform, a new world unfolds as one gently glides on a steel cable to the first tree platform. All groups are escorted through the forest canopy by a lead guide and a follow guide to ensure your safety as you slide from tree to tree. The platforms built high up in the giant Outeniqua Yellowwoods, provide an unbelievable view of this enchanting new world – any fear of heights is soon lost as you gather in your new surroundings.
Things to remember
- All clients will be screened before entering for check-in and must be a mask. Even while on tour
- Guests who are differently-abled or have unique needs must please book via telephone or email to share their specific requirements so that we can cater to their needs and ensure you enjoy your experience to the fullest.
- Tours include bottled water, gear, and safety equipment as well as guides
- Clients are advised that the tour includes a 600m hike out afterward.
- Moms to be: We apologies – this tour is not for you while you are pregnant.
- We suggest a weight restriction per person of approximately 120kg to 130kg – this restriction is not weight related, but rather imposed by the size of the harnesses we use and is based on the circumference of the straps around the body.
- Our minimum age is 5 years old, and the children can do the tour in tandem with the guide.
- The activity is an all-weather activity. Even in the rain – just bring something warm to wear and come and enjoy a rain forest experience with us. It is in the Tsitsikamma Indigenous forest and always a magical experience. A rain jacket will be supplied.
- Comfortable clothes should be worn and any footwear that is secure on your feet and that will not fall if you are suspended in mid-air. (Closed shoes)